Sunday, September 25, 2016

It's on. It's -so- on.

The thing about autumn is that it's Full of Stuff. As usual, I have so much Stuff on My plate that I may have to pop out to the store for larger dishes. Now playing, or coming soon, to a goddess near you:
  • Community band season is in full swing now, as is another year of clarinet lessons.  As a result, at varying times I am now playing regular clarinet, alto clarinet, alto sax, and now flute (which, for the record, is the first woodwind instrument I ever tried to play).  As if that weren't enough, I'm attending a local workshop in a couple of weeks.
  •  At long last, I managed to carve out a time slot for Icelandic lessons.  As one of the items on My bucket list is to go to Iceland sometime in the next 10 years, this is not a moment too soon.
  • Working out the logistics for a trip down to the States in August 2017 to see the total eclipse of the sun on August 21.
  • Winnipeg Symphony's starting up as well, so I expect to spend some quality time at the Concert Hall in the near future.
  • I've also been knocking off one project after another after another.  Took 2 loads of concrete to the dump.  Finished sewing a quilt.  Painted things.  Built things.  Cleaned things.  Wrecked things.
  • Oh, and it's time to think about assembling the ingredients for Yule fruitcake.
In the midst of all this I realized that I had only nominally celebrated Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19 (arr...), was vaguely aware that a Vernal Equinox had occurred on September 22 (waves to everyone south of the equator) and completely forgot about National Punctuation Day on September 24.

I think I'm going to need a bigger calendar, too.

No comments: