Now it's My extradeskular activities that are out of contr...
... Oh, look! A pussycat!
(Springy G pauses to airlift Frey Kittehson off the printer and onto the floor)
Where was I? Oh, yes: My task list. This is what's up:
- I have plans to acquire some bulbs for fall planting, some nice gravel for the front path, a better coffee machine, a pattern for sewing some pyjamas, and a salad spinner.
- As usual, there are fix-it tasks aplenty: Concrete work, insulation, drywalling, painting, finish carpentry, pants alterations, lawn mower sharpening, network cabling, grubbing around under the front and back porches for various non-nefarious reasons, and ... painting the trunk of an elephant figurine, which I repaired with epoxy putty.
And then there's the usual stuff, like making appointments for this and that.
And then there's the not-quite-as-usual stuff:
- Renew passport so that I can go to the States to see the total solar eclipse on August 21, 2017. Kansas City sounds good, or maybe I'll go to Oregon.
- Choose a guild for My next 6-week fitness challenge at Nerd Fitness.
- Repair the dragon in the front yard.
But oh! that last item on the list:
- Translate the Hávamál into Arabic.
For one thing, I don't speak Arabic, let alone read it, let alone write it with anything near the skill that such a translation would require. Haven't even finished learning the alphabet, in fact.
For another thing, there aren't enough hours in the day (and if there were, I'd already be taking the alto sax lessons I want to sign up for).
For another, other thing ...
... Aah! *scribble scribble scribble* If there's an infinite number of universes, there's probably a version of Me who's already done the translation. (rummages through cupboard) Now, where's My box of acrylic paints? Got an elephant to spruce up.