Here are the ingredients. Yes, that's Green Chartreuse on the right. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Put a little bit of lemon juice in the bottom of a glass.
- Add rum. (White rum also works, but don't used spiced or dark rum for this.)
- Add pineapple juice, and more rum if necessary to balance the taste. Ideally you should get a synergy where the pineapple juice just cancels out the tartness of the lemon, but you can taste both rum and pineapple.
- Drop a maraschino cherry into the glass and then gently pour in some of the sweet red syrup from the jar. It should settle on the bottom.
- Finally, top off the drink with a few spoonfuls of Green Chartreuse, layered onto the top.
(sips drink) Not bad. I do wonder how it would taste if I set fire to it, though...