Friday, October 8, 2010

Hocus Pocus and Sudoku Focus

It's Friday night at Astrejurhof, and I'm sitting here at My desk practicing creative procrastination. What I think I should be doing doesn't quite match up with what I seem to need to do at the moment.

Apparently that need currently involves classic rock music, Sudoku, and beer. I've already finished a lovely mug of Oktoberfest Lager from Half Pints Brewing, a local concern located just down the street from where I buy the honey for My meadmaking.

And after I finished the Oktoberfest, I started playing Sudoku. That was also about the time I started channel-hopping on My stereo receiver, because new age worldbeat experimental stuff and whatnot was simply not doing it for Me tonight.

Lo and behold, I found a station playing the song Hocus Pocus by Focus. It's been years since I've heard this piece of sonic mayhem, which has it all: Yodelling, flute, accordion, and the standard 70's-flavour organ-and-guitar riffing that I love so much.

The song made Me smile.

Oh, and I won the Sudoku game, too.

No comments: