- Jól is over, so we have an ample supply of pastry and leftovers.
- Festivus is over, too. (makes mental note to set up unadorned aluminum pole next year, and practice Her arm wrestling)
- Christmas Eve is pretty much over, so we're back from dinner at the Parental Units' home (with even more leftovers), and all My presents are wrapped and tucked away in the closet.
- There's a duck defrosting in cold water, and a bottle of sparkling wine chilling in the fridge.
- Red and I went on the fabled Cappuccino Run this afternoon.
Nowadays, rather than incurring the wrath of the Parking Gods*, I (and Red and sometimes Chala) find a slightly more out-of-the way refuge. This year, we selected one of our regular donut shops and had a regular coffee and donut. All in all, a suitable anticlimax to several weeks of Extreme Busy.
By the way... This is how My hallway wall turned out:
Eight feet tall, eleven feet long (minus one doorway and one heat register) done with one litre of dark orange paint, a bucket of ready-mixed stipple, and a plastic putty knife an inch and a half wide. Total time to colour, mix, and apply the texture: Nine hours.
Plus an additional two or three hours to cut and lay the floor tiles, and four *more* hours to cut the baseboards, doorway trim, quarter-round, and architrave.
My right elbow *still* isn't speaking to Me.
(Raises glass of single-malt Scotch... Very carefully) Best of the season to all!
* The Parking Gods: Asphaltia (Goddess of directing traffic in parking lots), Squat (Goddess of holding spots till you get there) and Gravél (God of unpaved shoulders, muddy fields, and other unlikely places to park).