- Jól is over, so we have an ample supply of pastry and leftovers.
- Festivus is over, too. (makes mental note to set up unadorned aluminum pole next year, and practise arm wrestling)
- Christmas Eve is pretty much over, so we're back from dinner at the Parental Units' home (with even more leftovers), and all my presents are wrapped and tucked away in the closet.
- There's a duck defrosting in cold water, and a bottle of sparkling wine chilling in the fridge.
- Went on the fabled Cappuccino Run this afternoon:
Nowadays, rather than incurring the wrath of the Parking Gods*, I find a slightly more out-of-the way refuge. This year the Cappuccino Run involved not cappuccino but regular coffee and a donut. All in all, a suitable anticlimax to several weeks of Extreme Busy.
(Raises glass of single-malt Scotch) Best of the season to all!
* The Parking Gods: Asphaltia (Goddess of directing traffic in parking lots), Squat (Goddess of holding spots till you get there) and Gravél (God of unpaved shoulders, muddy fields, and other unlikely places to park).