Saturday, December 12, 2009

Onward to Jól, warp factor eight!

About this time next Saturday evening, My annual winter solstice party will be over for another year. The leftovers will be stowed away; the last of the teabags and coffee grounds will be in the compost bin; people in need of a ride will have been driven home; and Red and Chala and I will be able to relax.

Until then, all bets are off.

Tomorrow I intend to finish plastering the main wall in the downstairs hallway. After that's done, I'm going to bake at least one batch of cookies. Somewhere in the middle, Red and I have a karate holiday party to attend.

Monday is My clarinet lesson. The plaster will still be curing, but after I get home I should be able to put up the rest of the ceiling tiles and fix a few gaps around the edges of the hallway floor. (Oh yes, and bake some butter tarts, too.)

Tuesday I have a dental appointment, but I should be able to pick up some wall-texturing stuff on My way home. (Oh, and whip up some shortbread before bedtime, too.)

Sometime after work on Wednesday, I can finally texture the repaired wall, and do up some brownies or almond cookies if there's time.

Thursday is writers' group, but when I get home I'll throw together a spinach and feta quiche for the Christmas potluck lunch at work.... And snap the chalk lines for the new floor tiles.

By Friday, the house should be looking pretty good, and smelling even better from all the baking and cooking. The roast beef will be roasting, the chicken wings simmering, and one last batch of pastry will be awaiting its turn in the oven.

But in the meantime, can I borrow a cup of dilithium crystals?

No comments: