Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Year's resolutions? Make it stop!

It seems like only yesterday that I was staring the dreaded Year 2K in the face, expecting something akin to Magic from the turn of the year.

A decade later, as the year odometer prepares to roll over yet again, My thoughts have turned to plans, expectations, and those nasty things called Resolutions.

I mean, seriously: What is it with these year-end To-Do lists, anyway? Do we honestly think that codifying something as an Official Resolution will make it more likely to happen? I contend that if we wanted it to happen, we'd already be working on it.

Accordingly, My resolutions for 2010 are as follows:
  1. I resolve to measure various parts of my house and go out to purchase sundry tools and building materials, as required.

  2. I will take Red out for coffee whenever the mood hits us.

  3. I will write stuff.

  4. I will pet a cat.

  5. I will brew some mead, clean My fishtank, and generally carry on with Business as Usual.

  6. I will do what needs to be done, reasonably close to when it needs to be done, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
That oughta cover it.

No comments: