At coffee break this afternoon, as I sat drinking a small decaf and nibbling on a piece of cheddar, it occurred to Me that diets would be a whole lot more effective if they tasted better.
So, this is what I'm going to try:
- Cut back on fat, but not too much.
- Cut back on sugar, as much as you can stand to cut.
- Likewise for salt. Ixnay on the odium-say oride-chlay.
- Ease off on the starch, particularly the heavily processed ones.
- Lots of whole grains.
- All The Vegetables There Are.
- Count calories if it helps.
- For snacks, go for small amounts of really, really strong-tasting things. Garlic hummus. Five-year-old white cheddar. A square of 99% cocoa dark chocolate. The strongest triple espresso they've got in the coffee bar.
And if it actually works... Bonus.