Monday, September 14, 2009

Awright, summer vacation is officially over.

Today marks the start of another year of clarinet lessons, and the run-up to My Grade VI Royal Conservatory clarinet exam.

On this fine September day, I thought I would take a moment to outline a few goals for the next nine months or so.
  • Improve finger rhythm.
  • Get breathing deeper, faster, and more consistent.
  • Continue to make improvements on tempo and rhythm.
  • Work on sight-reading dynamics and articulations.
Ah, articulations! I think I'm finally starting to get the idea. I'm still experimenting a bit with tongue positions and syllables, trying to get a smaller and more elegant movement that allows Me to play faster, cleaner notes.

But the #1 goal for the 2009-2010 melodious tootling season is... Wait for it...

...Practice, practice, and yet more practice.

At least 500% more than I did last summer.

(starts clearing Her music stand to make room for all those new pieces and studies)

No comments: