Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring, interrupted

Well, that was... interesting.

As in 'May you live in interesting times.'

The vernal equinox is up and running, but oh! the weather. Winnipeg has been Dumped Upon by a Colorado Low, and consequently We are up to Our asses in ice and snow all over again.

In itself, that's not a big deal. However, there's a bit of a problem with a certain large river that runs through My demesne. It's flood time, and that isn't good.

Being twelve years older than I was during Manitoba's fabled Flood of the Century, My shoulders ache mightily at the very thought of sandbagging. Those suckers are heavy. And unwieldy, too. But I do have fond memories of My shift on the front lines.

Please, if someone needs you to help in the front lines of a sandbagging operation this season, spare them at least one evening of your time. Time is of the essence.

No comments: