Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting serious about My writing

I don't know if two days' work counts as momentum, but considering that it's January 26 and not sometime in November...

Yesterday I drafted a query letter for my 2007 NaNoWriMo novel The Misuse of Things, and also started to change the manuscript into standard format. I decided to start with TMoT because it's the most polished of My three completed works.

Today I actually sent out an e-mail query to an individual from a local theatre, asking for advice... What needs to be done to transform The History of My Disbelief from a stack of paper to an actual production? What kind of training do I need to undertake to support that goal?

And then I transcribed another section of The Passion of Marty-Sue, which has lain fallow for some months now. (At least Tiamat's out of the karaoke bar now, and on Her way back to Crisis Central.)

If I do one thing a day for the rest of the year, that'll be well over 300 steps towards My goals.

On the other hand, if I do two things a day...

No comments: