Sunday, June 1, 2008

Limitations and Challenges

I'm in an interesting mood this evening/early morning, somewhere between "vaguely pissed off" and anticipatory and taking a break. And I have been put in mind of the ways in which life forces us to s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Permit Me to explain... It's been an atypical Saturday, with an exam rehearsal at noon, a clarinet lesson at 12:30, and then several hours of shopping.

Somewhere along the way, I ran into an unknown entity that triggered what appears to be an environmental allergy. (I suspect it was something at the grocery store, which is where I started to feel Not Quite Myself.) Despite the extra oxygen in My system from an hour of clarinet playing, I arrived home with body aches reminiscent of those I acquired at a workplace I quit several years ago... Primary suspects were mold and inadequate airflow in a basement office.

(makes mental note to phone Karma Faerie and ask if that dish of Revenge is cool enough to serve yet)

The bad-airflow-at-the-Mall theory is currently the one that I favour, because when I got home I brought out the clarinet again (yes, three times in the same day) and worked on a couple of studies for another half-hour.

And it made Me feel much better.

Not only that... I felt *so* much better that I had a major breakthrough in learning the program Cinelerra and managed to edit and render two short video segments. In a good enough mood to listen to L'Heptade by the band Harmonium.

Bottom line: Oxygen is grossly underrated. Don't leave home without it.

No comments: