Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Enough with the exams, already!

It is now the afternoon of Tuesday, June 17. (pauses to wish Caramon and Raistlin Majere a Happy Day of Life Gift).

The karate test is over. Yes, I passed; we got the results at Monday night's class. Red passed, too. Film at eleven, or whenever the shipment of belts comes in.

The clarinet exam is over. I have no friggin' clue if I passed or not. Both pieces sounded great. The List 1 studies both sounded really good, too. Probably aced the ear training. G major scale, no problem. Sight reading not perfect but not bad, either.

And from there on in... I just don't know. There was a disconnect between the syllabus requirements and what I was actually studying and rehearsing. C# minor harmonic scale?? Arpeggios??? Ulp. No, didn't know they were required.

Tried to play 'em anyway, with varying degrees of success.

I was somewhat tense for the List 2 studies, and breathing was a bit of an ordeal. Had to play parts of all three of 'em.

Bottom line: I *think* I passed, but we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime... I could do with a good stiff triple espresso and All the Chocolate There Is.

No comments: