Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ode to Cat on My Desk

It's fast approaching 1 a.m. CDT, and I really should be getting to bed.

After picking up and stapling the novel excerpt that I printed out for tomorrow night's writers' group. (trudges up to the third floor and retrieves four copies from laser printer)

And throwing my karate gi into the dryer. (grabs laundry basket, trudges down to the basement, moves various pieces of laundry hither and yon, trudges up to main floor and folds socks for a while)

And feeding the cats and the... No, I fed the fish when I came in from karate class. (puts the fish flakes back in the drawer and opens up a fresh tin for Qat, Caramon, Raistlin, Walter, Greyscale, RJ-45, Frey, and...)

...Freyja girl. Asleep on my desk, in a pile of CD's, notebooks, guitar picks, writing instruments and rubber lizards. How I envy you, lovely lady cat.

(logs off, shuts down computer, trudges into bedroom) *click* Zzzzz...

No comments: