Monday, March 12, 2007

The archmagi and the MRI machine

Well, today was the big day: My right knee has now been painstakingly analyzed by a magnetic resonance imaging machine.

(takes a few minutes minute to look up MRI machines) Essentially, my mid-leg was blasted by a Tesla or so of magnetism that made a few hydrogen protons line up and say "cheese".

Cheese slices, to be specific. It took about an hour to look all the way through my leg.

And then... I felt rather weird. Disoriented, spaced out.

And so did Raistlin. He had a headache.

Which got me thinking: What is the connection between "magic" and electromagnetic fields?

In the meantime, here's a piece of sage advice: Out-of-body experiences and highway driving are not all that compatible. Pull in to Tim Horton's for a cuppa.

No comments: