Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rift in the space-time continuum's spin cycle

The washer is fixed. It's alive. Alive! Mwahahaha!

Except for one small problem.

A basement that's now running on Samoa time (GMT-11h) rather than Central time (GMT-6h).

Or so it appears, anyway. When the little silkscreened arrow on the washer's timer knob is pointing to 5:00, the washer itself is performing the function at the 12:00 position. Other than that, the new timer went in just fine. So, until such time as I decide to open up the console to fix this (possibly as soon as tomorrow, because things like this bug me), I drew a bright red line at 12:00.

I also managed to bolt down the top with a fresh set of self-tapping metal screws, with several thick nylon washers as spacers, and a few dollops of Automotive Goop (originally purchased to stick rubber lizards on the wall of my study, but next time I'm using five minute epoxy because only two lizards are still up there.)

And I levelled that sucker too, using my 4' spirit level (the magnetic one that lives on the side of the fridge). Smooth like butter.

Darn, now I'm getting hungry. Tea time!

No comments: